Thanks everyone for responding with such good advice. I do have an older
sister in Rochester, NY where Mum is hospitalized, but she can be unreliable
when it comes to offering support. But I hope that some of her friends can
visit her while I am away. I have decided to go up and talk to my Mum this
weekend and along with my sister break the news to her, before I leave for
Africa. Hopefully, God will be merciful and be with my Mum in her time of
need.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. God bless you all.
Dabu