I've seen it used on someone who was very off and freezing, and was on that
drug for these situations--I believe he said he self-injected when needed,
but I witnessed this at a board meeting for PD support groups, which he was
visiting for the first time.  He politely sat through the board meeting when
he really needed to take his regular medication, which he missed.  By the end
of the meeting, he was in trouble, and went into kind of a dopamine crash,
and need an injection.  We meet at the Parkinson's Institute in Sunnyvale,
and he got the shot from a nurse, which did help him.  I believe that is an
accurate account of what happened, but I may be off, so to speak, here or
there.  Never used it myself.

Charlotte Mancuso