My mother did not have PD but she had severe arthritis. The
Nursing home removed the foot rests and somehow lowered the
chair and the patients "walked" the chair from place to
place with out trouble. It might help your mother. In order
to make it possible for the patients to walk their chairs I
believe the leg rests were removed. It has been a long time,
but that is what I remember. It did make it possible for the
patients to move about.

Nita Andres