I am new on the list. My mother is 73 years old and has had Parkinso's for about 15 years.  She does not have tremors, but all other symptoms.  Her neurologist has said she would be a good candidate for the surgery Bilateral Stimulation of the Subthalamic Nucleus (STN).  I know this is not FDA approved.  I have found some articles in medical journals.

Has anyone had this surgery?  What were the results?  I know it would not be the same for everyone, but we would like to hear from someone who has had this particular surgery.

Thanks.