George Person wrote:

> 4.  Was it hard to justify that you could not do any job?
No, I filled out papers for rehab for another career, however, the state
closed my case because I was in the ER monthly. The case worker would
come to my home and the ems would me taking me to the hospital. I would
have much rather worked, but I have to face the reality that I can't.

 Could they ask me
> to be a receptionist or guard or any easy-to-do job instead of going on
> disability? Former Speech language pathologist. The state was willing to have a teacher come to my home, buy me computer equiptment and start my own travel bussiness at  home because I was homebound.

Finances and eligibility per doctor--
I read the pension and SSD for my age and continuos years required to be
eligible for disability retirement and health insurance benefits.
Unfortunately, I only qualify for the disability retirement and not SSD.
I held out for 5.25 years - 5 years was the minimum for qualifying for
the disability retirement pension. Checked with an attorney (3500.00 -
250. per hour) about title of the house, ect. benefits for our child
(before and after age 18) and my spouse, looked into the possibility of
the healthier spouse dying first (noone likes to address this part).
With tax time coming now is a great time to get a reality look at
finances with regards to what to do. No matter how little of how much u
think u have or haven't:).

> 5.  Did you have to build up a case with your doctor as to what you could do?

I was a speech language pathologist. One of my physicians filled out
'the papers' and advised me to signed them. I asked him something to the
effect of ' u really think I can't work anymore?' Reply to the order of
'remember your ethics'. I signed. Then cried  for a long time.