George,

       I have read with some interest the various postings to you about your
medical and your legal situation.  I would just caution you that each posting
is specific to that person's background and experience, and sometimes the
writer is not always clear about which disability program he/she is writing
about, often times the information provided does not seem to me to be
appropriate for your situation.  The people on this list are very helpful,
invaluable at times, and they have tons of information about every aspect of
PD.  You are at the beginning of your investigation into PD and your
economic/legal situation.  From your posting I would guess you know exactly
what is going on in your life and the information you need to go forward.
You have come to the right place to get information, and you are, indeed,
getting bombarded with lots of information.  It probably does not make a
whole lot of sense to you right now, but you will be fine, it will start
making sense as you go on.    Just be careful, go slowly, and shift and
winnow.  You will figure out what is helpful to you and what is appropriate
for you and your specific situation.  Good Luck and Good Health, Katie