Dear Listfriends,
I haven't posted in quite awhile and so I wanted to let you all know
that I am still with you. In February I attended a 5-day Parkinson
Educator Program at Struthers Parkinson Institute in Minneapolis; I also
taught the nutrition segment there. The program is designed to teach
professionals who work with people who have PD, and it is excellent! It
was inspiring and exciting to be with other health professionals who are
eager to learn more about PD so that they can better help their clients.

The past few months have also seen my mother's health worsen, entailing
a good deal of time and concentration among my brothers and sisters and
me as to how best to help her; she passed away last week, and I have
just returned from the funeral. We all feel it was a great blessing for
her, as she had been in pain and further treatment would not have
guaranteed that she could return to independent living.

I have developed a seminar for health professionals on nutrition and
Parkinson's, and will present it several times in upcoming months; I
will also speak at some PD symposiums, which is always very energizing
and exciting (well, to me anyhow!); so it may be that I will not be able
to post as often as I used to. I try not to unsubscribe from the list,
however; I keep up if/as I can.

Incidentally, John Cottingham has a very nice Event Calendar, on which I
have posted the 3 engagements at which I will be present; you'll see
that these are titled "Nutrition" which is misleading, however I don't
often get the details of symposium til the last minute, so I don't know
who the other speakers will be; thus, the name "Nutrition." I have given
contact information, though, so you can find out more information if you
wish.

The site is:
http://www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/parkmail/maillist.html

Click "Event Calendar" for more information, or to post news of your own
events. This is an excellent communication tool that John has developed,
and we can all benefit from it.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease" & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease," J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/