lamjam inc wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm 46, diagnosed with PD in January, 2001, confirmed in February.  I started a Dopamine agonist drug trial (reference above) on February 26.  It runs twelve weeks.
>
> My symptoms are loss of fine motor control on my left side ( I am typing this with one hand).  I have a noticeable limp.  I am tired all the time.  Folding socks is tough, etc.  I have no tremors.  I have suspected Parkinson for 18 months (it took awhile and 3 GP's to get diagnosed).

Your symptoms sound a lot like mine.
I have had to type of one-handed many times.
Now I use voice recognition software.

Because you are in a drug trial,
It may not be a good idea
to anticipate or have expectations
of what the drug will do.
I suppose that  having expectations
would influence a placebo effect.

Just hang in there for the duration of the study.

When this study is over --
your neurologist can try to relieve the your symptoms.
Being newly diagnosed, it is a difficult time,
and then taking part in this study on top of it--
you are to be commended for your efforts.

best wishes,

Ray

--

                                 Ray Strand