jen
i am 58 years  old and was diagnosed 11 years ago. my first neuroligist
spend 15 minutes with me, gave me some medications and said see me in six
months.i wasn't even sure what pd was. my wife set up an appointment with
another neuroligist. he gave me a number of tests for various other
diseases and by the time i was through, i was thrilled that all i had was
pd.

over the past 11 years, my progression has been relatively slow. i do not
take sinemet at this time. the things that effect me the most are
extremes in heat/cold and stress.they cause my right side to shake. each
of of us iis different in our progression and tolerance to meds.

dealing with pd is also different among us. my initial reaction was to
not tell anyone  but my family. my next stage was tell selected people
and to hide thr tremors in my hand. my final step was "what the hell".
it's part of my life and if anyone asks me, i'll tell them.  it's not
something i dwell on, it's just part of me.

hope this helps. if i can help in the future, just e-mail me at

best regards
murph 58/11