MARCH 23, 2001

It is 11:00 pm.  It seems that I have felt brain-dead again today.  I am beginning to think that it is just an excuse.  Although I did-and-went, and went-and-did, I don't feel I accomplished much today. This has been happening for quite a number of years now.  A person would think I would get used to it.  I am here to tell you that I will never get used to "being busy" and really not getting much accomplished.  I have always had a need to be a "doer".  I believe that has been the hardest thing for me to adjust to or cope with.  While my parkinsonian body is unwilling, my strong and very often stubborn mind keeps thinking, and imagining, twisting and turning.  Helen Keller once said, "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the OVERCOMING of it."  Maybe it is our overcoming that keeps our parkinsonian minds and our caregivers minds staying strong and stubborn and flat-out refusing to give up. First and foremost it is the love, grace, and tender mercy of God that enables me to overcome.

faith and hope,
Sandy