Hi Gail, janet, & Fran,
Fran, you may be correct... but, I think there is another possibility....

Some Servers will Return mail that contains Header information in the
Body if the Header info is not preceded by >

The initial Returned mail was due to syntax... indirect vs. idirect

Subsequent Returned mail may have been spawned by including Header
info in the Body...

just a thought .....  regards ...  murray

On 30 Mar 2001, at 17:37, Fran Peck wrote:

> Gail and Janet,
> I received the following from a web hosting provider for our business
> web site and it may explain why the email isn't going through.
>
> Northpoint was, emphasis on past tense, one of the largest providers of
> DSL access in the country.
>
> They have been purchased by AT&T which is not interested in maintaining
> the customer base - apparently only wanting the equipment.
>
> AT&T has been summarily and without notice shutting down DSL access to
> customers nationwide, beginning apparently yesterday with Southern
> California.
>
> You may not even know you were, or are, being provided access via
> Northpoint, as they worked through resellers.  If you receive this
> email, hopefully you're not - or you may not have been shut off yet.
>
> Our web servers do NOT rely on DSL service, so your site will not be
> affected by this series of events.  But if you have DSL and find you
> lose access - this may be the cause.
>
> Fran Peck
> Tempe, AZ
> Email: [log in to unmask]
>
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:03:12 -0500, Parkinson's Information Exchange
> Network wrote:
>
> >  I know that is your address ONCE I put  *indirect*  ONLY ONCE!!!!!!
> >  ...a very very frustrated Gail

SNIP

****