Parkinson's Action Network Announces New Executive Director
National Desk
Contact: John Rogers, 703-518-8600 or Melissa Narins,
703-780-0880, both of the Parkinson's Action Network

WASHINGTON, March 28 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The Parkinson's
Action Network (PAN) today announced the appointment of
Elisabeth A. Bresee as its new executive director. PAN is the
leading advocacy organization promoting an increased public
research investment in Parkinson's disease with a goal of finding
a cure by the earliest possible date.

"We believe Elisabeth's tremendous experience in working with
the U.S. Congress and the Executive branch will be a great asset
in our fight to find a cure for Parkinson's," said Joan Samuelson,
president and founder of PAN. "We are delighted to have her on
board."

Bresee has extensive experience in the federal government,
having been a public servant for the past 11 years. Until
January 2001, Bresee was the assistant secretary (enforcement)
at the U.S. Department of the Treasury, a position to which she
was appointed by the president and confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

Bresee was at Treasury since 1994, where she also served as
deputy assistant secretary (law enforcement).

Prior to joining Treasury, Bresee served as an Assistant United
States Attorney for the District of Columbia. She began her career
as an attorney in private practice with the law firm of Williams &
Connolly in Washington, D.C.  Bresee has a law degree from
Georgetown University Law Center (cum laude) and a bachelor's
degree from Ithaca College (magna cum laude).

Bresee has had personal experience with this devastating
disease. Her father was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease at the
age of 39, shortly before she was born. In addition, her maternal
grandmother had the disease and her uncle, her mother's brother,
now suffers from the disease.

Over one million people suffer from Parkinson's disease.

However, this is a very promising time in the field of medical
research for Parkinson's. With proper funding, scientists believe
that a cure is possible within the next 10 years. PAN will be on
the front lines of the effort to secure additional funding.

PAN was established in 1991 and has been based in Santa Rosa,
Calif., with a small office in Washington, D.C. With the
appointment of the new Executive Director, PAN is moving its
national headquarters to Washington, D.C., in order to be more
effective in its advocacy mission.

"This is an exciting time for PAN and for its goal of finding
a cure for Parkinson's disease. I am thrilled to have this
opportunity to assist in leading that cause," said Bresee.

http://www.usnewswire.com/topnews/Current_Releases/0328-101.html

*********