Wow, Graham, this puts things in a totally new light for me . . .

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Graham Smart wrote:

> might see if we went about things like we usually do.  As well, our usual
> exercise in perambulation/circumnavigation usually serves to screen out the real
> Canucks from the wannabes and other various hangers-on; indeed, I always thought
> that's why we made it so hard).

And here my brash, south-of-the-border self thought that the
circumperambulation was a result of everybody just being too darned
*polite* to force a decision before consensus had been reached . . . (I
mean, come on, folks.  We're talking about a crowd that's subdued and
herded into a restaurant by *Patrick Dias*?    The one and only
ferocious Patrick Dias??  I rest my case . . . )

Marcy

                           Marcy Bauman
                         Media Consultant
                       College of Pharmacy