Hi, everyone, I need advice on the following:
right now our writing courses, and our esl course, use ENGL (English) as
their prefix.  It has been suggested to me that we find another prefix
to distinguish ourselves from the English program.

What prefixes do you use for  your writing and esl courses? Our Student
Programs director is concerned that if we use WRPR (for writing programs)
there will be a problem of transferability should a student go to another
university -- that is, other insititutions won't know what it is and won't
want to give credit, especially if they call their writing courses
English.

So: would people be so kind as to tell me how they prefix and number their
courses? a.s.a.p.?  A boring topic, I know, but vital at this minute. Pls
respond to [log in to unmask]

See some of you, at least, really soon -- for more interesting
conversation!

Leslie Sanders

Professor Leslie Sanders
Coordinator: Writing Programs
School of Arts and Letters
Atkinson Faculty of Liberal and Professional Studies
York University
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
M3J 1P3
P: (416) 736-2100 x66604