maryse Schild wrote:

> Some PWP on the french list went to the mountains for a short winter
> holiday. He found he had to diminish his meds because he had become very
> dyskinetic. Does anyone know anything about altitude and PD?
> Maryse cg John 72,12

A few years I saw a report that acetazolamide (Diamox), often used in
high-altitude mountaineering to treat or avoid acute mountain sickness,
seemed also to alleviate some motor symptoms of PD at sea level. In
my own long experience of mountain outings, seldom above 14,000' and
just once to 19,000, acclimatization was about normal, and I doubt that
there was any connection to the later onset of my PD symptoms. Cheers,
Joe
--

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road