I have spent significant time at altitude (walk up Mt.Whitney twice),
trips to Nepal and Tibet, multiple US mountain resorts etc. and
actually acclimitized better than some who did not later develop
diagnosis of PD.  I have also been through the atititude literature
and d not recall any comments about Damox and PD.

Any references to this subject would be appreciated.  Except for
cross sensitivity to sulf drugs there are few dangers from diamox
in the doses recommended for use in altitude problems.  I would
love to hear about other information on this subject.  Susceptibility
to altitude illness is most likely related to central brain modulation
of response to reduced barometric pressure and/or oxygen
availibility in the inspired air mixture.  Is there some relationship
between the central neural sites controlling response to altitude and
those reated to developent of PD ??

Ken Janis, MD
Clinical Professor Emeritus of Anesthesiology
Univ of New Mexico