 Ivan Suzman        51/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses      34     deg. F   :-)
  I imagine that many PWP's face the dilemma of
having a prescription for Sinemet, but not really
beieng sure about which combination of carbidopa
andlevodopa is most desirable to use regularly.

 I have a few questions that I hope others may wish
to answer or comment upon;

1)  I am wondering if anyone on PIENO has experience
with theblue 10/100, compared to the yello 25/100.

 2)  Frequently one sees reference to the supposed toxiciy of
carbidopa if ingested at a rate of more than 75 mg per day.
Without becoming unnecessarily worried, I  do wonder
if my total carbidopa intake per day, now at 14 pills  x 25 mg
per pill  each day, or 350 mg of carbidopa per day, might do
to me, Does anyone think it would be prudent to use the 10/100 formula of
Sinemet?

3)  Another question is about  the tan, Sinemet CR50/200. Does this cause

mid-dose, or peak-dose dyskinesia in anyone?  200 mg of L-dopa is quite a
bit.  I
wonder if a pill dissolves slowly enough tolast for quite some time, or
if
it tends to hit hard all at once.

4) Like so many PWP's sleep can be invaluable, but elusive, and sometimes
I fall into a cat-like pattern of sleep,/Would 50/200 CR at bedtime allow

more sleep , by lasting longer than  a similar 25/100 CR?  The
possibility of reducing my sleep
debt is always of interest to me, and perhaps many others.

5) Finally, I find Sinemet rather harsh, and sometimes, actually
uncomfortablY "ACTIVE" in my stomach. This is unpleasant,
and even a little painful at times.  Meanwhile, I find the slightly
 lighter, lemon-tinted, round,  and I belive, Israeli-made 25/100,pill,
so-called "generic"
carbidopa-levodopa, quite digestible, more swallowable (no long
pointed ends and smaller in size), and less bitter. it seems to be
a bit milder  and slightly shorter-lasting in its effect, despite having
the equivalent milligrams of c-dopa and l-dopa  to what isin each tablet
of Sinemet..  Can anyone confirm or diagree with what I am noticing?

I have no experience with Madopar, but would love to try it
as I hear that it is gets dissolved much more quickly.  I
understandtha it takes about 20 miutes to be effective.  Sinemet
takes more like 40 minutes.  That is a LOT of time to be stiffened
up, or slowed down, while waiting for the pills to kick in.

I could write volumes on this topic, but will stop here and hope for
a good dialogue among us PWP's and caregivers, and  physicians
and nurses .

Thank you.
Ivan S.
:-)   (Smiling and very glad to be back on the List!)