[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Focus on the Family Statement on Human Embryo  Stem Cell Research   >>

I understand why Focus on the Family is opposed to human embryo research, but
please explain, why they are also opposed to invitro fertilization and their
forebearers were opposed to birth control. After all, your organization and
its kissing cousins, killed the State Departments financial aid for birth
control instructions in the third world. And at one time, many years ago,
when I was in college, I debated on "Resolved that it should be made legal to
sell birth control devices." My opponent (maybe it was you), compared birth
control to murder.
To the younger people reading this: It was actually a criminal offense to
teach birth control in this country, thanks to dedicated protectors of
"FAMILY."
Sid Levin
PS I don't like abortion, I am a grandfather of five and I think the
population explosion is the ultimate doomsday scenario. There are more living
people on the earth today then lived on this planet for the past ten thousand
years.
This space ship is getting very crowded.
I love all of you, but I'm darn tired of my protectors!
Sid