Y'know I find myself at a strange place in life lately.  "Strange" because
I'm forgetting things more than I'm willing to admit or accept as being
"normal,"

DARN!  There's only so many times a day that I'm  willing to call something a
"Senior Moment!" I've tried to think if something --- some other word or
expression Thai doesn't make me feel 112 years old each time I use it or hear
a friend use it.

"SENIOR MOMENT?"  When did _I _ get to be a "senior," anyway?  When did I
start accepting that  "senior thingee" as being a club that I'M willing to be
a member of???

While reading in bed the other nite suddenly I remembered that I was meeting
a friend for lunch on a specific day, but at that moment, I found that
without knowing what day/date it was at THAT moment, I was totally unable to
relate - to pin down what day or date it was at the moment.

WHAT a strange and surrealistic feeling I got!  My mind was racing and I
gotta cold chill, never feeling so alone as I did ar that moment.  WHO could
i call at THIS late hour without feeling stupid 'cause I didn't know the day
or date?

SUDDENLY i grabbed the phone and dialed 411, and WHAT a wonderful feeling I
got when I heard that wonderful lady saying "Directory Assistance." <smile>

And ya know, she said they get thousands of calls every week seeking the same
information!   WHEW!   I felt very thankful that  warm, friendly voice in the
night saying "Directory assistance."  I no longer feel like every time I
forget something doesn't make me a "Senior." anything!

 Barb Mallut