Dear friends,

 Thank you for your support during the
past two months.  I am at home now, recovering
from surgery on a large inguinal hernia,
I meanwhile have problems in my tailbone
(coccygeal) area. I have some pain , and although  tired,
I am grateful to be on the mend, at last.

Briefly, I did not know that there was unauthorized
use of  my computer on either Feb. 25, or March
5.  The sender, Mr. Ashley Lenartson, has been
dismissed from working here.  There is no Suzman
Fund, and I did NOT ask him to ask you to money sent here--he made these
things up . I wish I had had more control  then, over who
could enter and leave my home.  I do now.

My caregiver situation is better, in that I have
 been offered a source of funding for part
of their paychecks.  I have cut back
to six good caregivers.  To help me to recover, I have paid 24-hour
 coverage, or friends visiting, with few gaps,
most days, and am much better than even
two days ago.

The State of Maine has not yet responded with
a final decision about cutting  my  funded hours to
5 daily, or retaining 13/day.  Meanwhile, my appeal
preserves  13 hours, awaiting a decision.

I  was driven  to my aunt and uncle's apartment on
Feb. 23,  in Providence,  Rhode Island, which is 162 miles
away. I was admitted to Miriam Hospital, on 2/24 ,
in Providence, transferred on 2/28 to Memorial Hospital in Pawtucket ,
RI.
I was transported  back to Maine on Friday , March 16th
and admitted for abdominal surgery on Wed
Mar 21, here at Maine Medical Center.

 I was sent home on Sunday, March
25. I was battling to get my medications
at the correct times, and  achieved
control over them , along with accurate nighttime
reminders,  on March 23.  By the end of my stay
at Maine Medical, I was extremely grateful to
have survived, and I cried with relief, when I was finally
wheeled to the hospital doors and discharged.

It is still snowing here, and the driveway has
9-foot high snowbanks.  Winter is quite a
terrible challenge.

The Houston Area Parkinson Society
golf competition  was last autumn, and
the call  to me that I am its champion
for Maine came on March 5th, while I was in the hospital.
I have already been driven, carrying a copy of the award citation
from Bob Martone and friends, to the local
office of  U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe .
  I mentioned the stem cell research that is so hopeful, and
her  Portland staff promised to convey this to Washington,
DC.

 For next winter, there are friends in North Carolina
and in Georgia who are talking to me about
possible arrangements.  Each one is a nurse.

I am so grateful to all of you who have been able
to assist me in various ways.

I called my State Senator and Representative
yesterday. Parkinson's Awareness Month begins
tomorrow, and they will co-sponsor an Awareness
Resolution in the Maine Capitol .

Yours sincerely,

Ivan Suzman
51/39/36