Hi Lanier,
How have you been It has been a long time since I have heard from you.  I
have not been posting on the list much and I guess you haven't  been
either. It is probable that the pins and needles feeling comes from the
cramping irritating  or compressing the nerve root, especially because it
coincides  with  the cramping.  You might talk to Bob Fink about it since
that is more his area of expertise.   But,  it can become a vicious circle
with the nerve root irritation causing cramping and then the cramping
causing more irritation.  The cramping can also be part of your PD and be
from dystonia.

I would suggest- if you have no problems which would contraindicate its use
and clearance from your MD   -  a trial of a 25 mg tablet of Benedryl .when
you get a cramp  and see if it helps relieving it  Watch out since it can
make you quite sleepy  If it works let me know and I can suggest other
medications that  you and your doctor might try that are not so
sedating-  Just a suggestion that worked for me and it may work for you- if
the episodes are dystonia from your PD.

Good luck,

Charlie

At 02:23 PM 4/9/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Charlie,
>
>  A couple of words in the post ref Paxil caught my attention. For 25 years I
>have been getting the sensations described as "pins and needles" pricking me
>on face arms and legs. This happens when low back pain gets really bad and
>am having a severe muscle spasm in lower back. This sensation will go away
>concurrent with enough relaxation and rest and exercise to get the muscle
>spasm to go away. This takes hours to weeks sometimes. Another way to
>describe it is like being stabbed by a mosquito, or bitten by a "no seeum",
>tiny little biting bugs common to the south.
>
>Do you have any insight on this?I am taking very few drugs, and I am
>positive that the pins and needles sensation is a direct result of very
>tight muscles in back.I have asked several doctors about this and they
>always say "boy it's a nice day out there today isn't it!" In other words,
>they have no ideas what is going on apparently.
>
>!
>
>Lanier Maddux     Chattanooga TN.
>

>Shop online without a credit card
>http://www.rocketcash.com