Dear Mary,

So many times we innocently misconstue an individual's intent.  When I read
the posts this AM, I thought of Joe's disappointmenet and Murray's response.

My first inclination was to write to Murray to inform him AGAIN how much I
respect and admire his efforts in everyone's behalf. He really has no need
to "outshine" anyone.  What he felt was the need to reinforce and to
support, Joe, by giving him other resources.

Now, I don't need to defend Murray.  He can take care of himself.  It's just
the me inside of me that wants him to know how much I appreciate his being
there!

It's the me inside of me that hopes Joe will have more than enough
resources to replace those he lost!  It's the me inside of me that thanks
you for being Joe's friend.  It's the me inside of me that recognizes how
much we need each other!