At 22:49 2001/04/10 -0700, J. R. Bruman wrote:
>Six years is a long life for a PIE feature like the Current Sicence
>Reviews, and I hope to keep on for a while, since I still derive
>pleasure from using it myself and sharing with other PIE forum
>members. But vibes are bad; not only the increasing slowness from
>PD making me busier than ever and getting less done, but the
>Kaiser hospital library that is my basic resource has cut its
>meager journal subscription list again. I used to scan just 6
>monthly and 3 weekly publications, now 3 of the most useful are
>gone. I'll take a month or so to look for possible alternatives,
>and we'll see. Cheers,
>Joe

hi joe

six years of anything on the internet is a grand accomplishment!

your summaries of published articles concerning pd are a unique asset
in the pd cyber world; it would be a shame to lose continuity now,
especially when there is so much happening in terms of new research!

the scientific and medical journal fields are going through some growing pains
right now due to the growth of the information available on the web;
could that be part of the reason for the loss of those 3 journals at kaiser?

i wonder if those same journals are now available on the web;
possibly part of murray's recent 'dig'?

i wonder if full articles or abstracts from the preferred journals
were available on the web and maybe e-mailed to you by a world famous
'digger',
whether reviewing and summarising the printed 'hard' copies of same
would be as satifying to you as going to the kaiser hospital library,
without the travel time, of course!

i wonder if you and murray thus might be able to split
the 'current science review' work between you

on the surface, from my viewpoint, it looks like an ideal fit:
the journals are moving from 'hard' copy to 'virtual' publishing;
murray is the best 'virtual' 'digger' on two feet;
and you, joe, are the best summarizer and cross-referencer i know!

you are both parky stars in my eyes
for your hard work and your generosity in sharing same

just a thought... maybe a silly idea... maybe not...

janet
webspinner to the stars...

joe bruman
http://www.geocities.com/joebruman/  .

murray charters
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/  .

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
PD: 54/41/37 CD: 54/44/43 TEL: 613 256 8340 EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
"a new voice" home page: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/     .