At 11:22 2001/04/13 -0400, i, janet paterson,  wrote:

>cross-posted
>
>"I've never fit into any category or stereotype comfortably,
>at any time of my life.
>The lone wolf once again.
>Which has its good and bad aspects.
>I've always felt out of step
>with the mainstream of whatever community I was in.
>So I've always felt like I didn't belong.
>But on the other hand,
>I would Never consider changing my ways in order to fit in -
>No Way Hozay!
>I yam what I yam.
>(This is really odd - I've never quoted Popeye before!)"
>
>from
>"sponges and echoes theory"
>http://www.geocities.com/janet313/wordsoth/1996/19961023.html .

ps

i wrote that sponge/echo theory in 1996,
when i finally was doing what felt like
waking up
reaching into a new level of awareness
becoming me at last

five years later
i know that the feeling of not belonging
was an illusion of my own mistaken
perceptions

we all belong
irregardless
of what we may think

the gift is there
whether our eyes are
wide open
or
shut tight

that period of re-birth
is laid bare
by my new voice
for all to share

http://www.geocities.com/janet313/wordsoth/ .

with love

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
PD: 54/41/37 CD: 54/44/43 TEL: 613 256 8340 EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
"a new voice" home page: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/     .