I have had two EMGs and only felt the needles. The are solid
, not like a hypodermic needle and don't wobble and cause
pain. I may well have been the doctors who took the time to
show me the needles, tell me what they for, knew what they
were doing, and then after that carefully told me the exact
exercises to do. Many years later I am still doing them.

Fairly recently I had more back surgery and was prescribed
the same exercises. (the surgery was near the same place- so
maybe that is it.

I just cannot call that sensation "pain". If you have to
have one ask your doctor to show you the needle and talk a
little while. Honestly they will if you ask. Let them know
what you want and you will get.it. Just be nice.

Nita