Has anyone ever heard Tom Kelly speaking to a group?  During 1998 and
1999, he was the featured speaker for the United Parkinson Foundation in
about 8-10 of their sponsored "road shows".  He is advertising himself as
being available to speak to support groups and share with them his
experience in fighting PD.  "I was diagnosed almost 23 years ago when I
was 29.  And yes I still walk and talk and drive and play golf and do
just about everything else that 51-year old men do."  " My message is one
of hope and courage that is mixed with the necessary amount of reality.
My goal of every visit is to leave the PWP's and the care partners with
the tools to develop an inner strength necessary to continue to fight
PD."  He also apparently charges a fee "based upon the available
resources and budgets of the group", and expects payment for travel
expenses.  Our support group has never had to pay a speaker.  If you are
familiar with this gentleman, is he worth it?!

Sharon H
Rockford Young Parkinson's