cross-posted

At 02:07 2001/04/17 PDT, nancy wrote:
>hi
>I had a well....very unsupportive day. I thght. I was
>misinterpreting what I was hearing, so I stated 'it'
>back and it was confirmed- no misinterpretation. After
>approx. 5 years of taking sinemet I was informed that
>if I stopped taking the sinemet , then that would not
>prove whether I needed the med or not. Can someone
>please explain this to me please? I understand the
>placebo effect, but has this ever been scientifically
>researched? The effectiveness of C-L verses a placebo
>given to control parkinsons symptoms or parkinsons disease.
>thank you,
>nancy

hi nancy
did your neuro say this to you?
if you have pd and you stop taking sinemet
then your pd symptoms should then reveal themselves
in all their now five year old glory!
why would this take your neuro five years?
did you have pd symptoms five years ago
were they not the reason you started on sinemet?
and, yes of course, levodopa has been tested vs a placebo
twenty-five years ago when its effectiveness was first established
hence the sad stories of parkies suffering without it in prior years
janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
PD: 54/41/37 CD: 54/44/43 TEL: 613 256 8340 EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
"a new voice" home page: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/     .