Here is Mike's comment about Representative Fred Upton, to which he added a
note "People need to know the whole picture."

"Ivan Suzman has pointed out that Representative Fred Upton's Congressional
district includes some pharmaceutical companies and therefore that it is in
the economic interest of Upton's constituents to promote increased
Parkinson's Disease research.  I agree with Ivan. Representing the
interests of their constituents is one of the principle responsibilities of
any elected official.

"But like most people, Fred Upton has more than one motive for his actions.
He has a close family connection to Parkinson's.  And he has an awful lot
of friends in the PD community.  So he knows what we know about this damn
disease.  I suspect that has somethinig to do with his support."

Mike Claeys