Frank,

My mother says when she falls it feels like someone
picks her up and throws her, not that she trips or
stumbles.  Is Jack's falling like this?

If it is, unfortunately I have no help to offer.  The
doctors just say be more careful, make sure you get
you balance before you take your first step.

It's very frustrating but I've finally decided I just
have to accept that she will fall and hope and pray
that she doesn't break any bones.  Lately we've been
lucky, just a badly sprained wrist in the last few
months (to go along with the black eyes and broken
ribs and numerous bruises).  I know strangers
sometimes think she is being beaten, it sure looks
that way some days.

My dad gets mad at her and yells at her when she falls
("I told you to stay in that chair", "what are you
trying to do, sit down") so it seems like she is very
nervous when he is around and tends to fall more
often.  Too bad he can't just accept it like I have
chosen to do, it makes it much easier on mom.
Unfortunately talking to him does not good, he's very
stubborn.

Anyway, just though I'd let you know but not much
help.

Donna part time cg Helen/66/25+  Memphis, TN