Hi Janet-- I appreciate your thoughtful concern.  I'm thinking about the
points you raised.   Peter had had infrequent falls for a year or more
before they began to increase.  He is able to walk pretty well at times
(early AM) when he is ON, and by evening will usually be stooped and
unsteady.   There have  been some adjustments in meds, trying to maximise
both mobility and cognitive clarity within the bounds of possibility.
Extra Seroquel made him trembly and weak, so I dropped it.  Extra Comtan
added to hallucinations, so I cut back to one a day, etc.  As for the
dementia, I undestand that it is BOTH a med reaction AND the progression of
the PD, as he is one of the "lucky" 1/3 of PWPs  who gets this "bonus".
(which you, my dear, obviously don't !  <G> )

His neuro is an MDS in the neuro. clinic at U. of Cincinnati, and quite
willing to work with us in trying adjustments.  I don't think Peter is
"obstinate"--rather, he simply forgets the walker, which he says he knows
he should use.  The other new symptom he has developed increasingly is an
inability to control his bouncing up and down and getting off balance at
times, which caused a fall this AM as he was getting (with my help) from
chair to walker.  He was not clear enough to follow directions, and didn't
let go of the chair arm, which started to roll backwards. Being thrown off
balance , even with me trying to hold him, he couldn't stop the
uncontrolled movements, and we both ended up on the floor, unhurt.  He did
manage to get up , with help, this time.

 I wonder in view of this info you have further thoughts about it?