NEW YORK (AP)   Actor Dudley Moore, star of ''Arthur'' and
''10,'' sent an open invitation to guests wanting to help celebrate
his 66th birthday at a benefit concert Monday night.

''It's a very low key affair at a little place . . . Carnegie Hall,''
Moore wrote. ''You can only imagine how my supposed friends
are going to try to embarrass me with clips from the many movies
I've made   fortunately there are a couple of duds by ol' Dud that
they won't be able to find, even at a discount video store.''

Moore, who is suffering from a Parkinson's-like brain disorder
called Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, is to be entertained by
stars including hosts Sir Michael Caine and Dame Julie Andrews
along with guests Mary Tyler Moore, Chevy Chase and Bo Derek,
Moore's co-star in ''10.''

Proceeds from the event will benefit two of Moore's charities:
Music for all Seasons and the Dudley Research Fund for PSP.

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/106/nation/People_in_the_News_:.shtml

*********