My sincere thanks, to all the PIEnet subscribers who responded
(on- and off-list) with encouragement and offers of help. The
long delay of this reply illustrates part of the problem- I'm
just swamped with too many self-assigned tasks, and need to
budget my increasingly limited discretionary time better. My
visit to the UCLA Medical Library last Saturday was easier than
I expected, so the data access part of the problem is solved.
One visit per month, on Saturdays to avoid commuter traffic and
to find a closer parking spot (still a 1/4 mile hike in the
enormous building to reach the library), should suffice.

The problem of excessive workload, and whether anyone else
might wish to preserve the CSR format by assuming the job,
remains. Discussion of what is worth preserving will be long,
so I'll skip that for now. Cheers,
Joe

--
J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694