Interesting debate going on here--
one is a report from Belgium
and the other is from the United States.

This is what peer review is all about
when it comes to scientifically reproducible data.

Without actually reading the papers in their entirety
it is hard to say much more than is stated in the abstracts.

 A couple weeks ago I met a person that is participating in
 the United States study. We where at a conference for
 people with Parkinson's under the age of 55.
She is traveling from Minnesota to East Coast, at her own expense
(tax deductible) to participate in one of these studies.

She said that there had been a delay
because the PET scanner was being serviced or repaired.
I was not able to talk to her about more details,
except that  the trial would only last about six months.
That is not enough time for much of a clinical response,
but, that is why the PET scanner is used.
The scanner will be able to detect new growth of neurons.

I think that it will be necessary to have the right
growth factors  for stem cell transformation
and  stem cell transplantation--
if that is even necessary.

I've got my fingers crossed, hoping,
that some of this is productive work.

 like I said--
> > > Clinical trials  are still under way for these compounds.

Ray

Ann Gibbons wrote:

> Ray -- Am I reading your two posts re neuroimmunophilins correctly? The one
> below says they don't work, and the other one (the Harvard one) seems to say
> that they do work. ???
>
> Ann Gibbons

                                 Ray Strand
                             Prairie Sky Design