Barbara,
Interesting that you should mention a 50% incidence of rotator cuff injury
 in PWP.   My injury was a result of a strrenuius sailing experience.
After a series of physiotherapy treatments a decision was to be made:
injection vs surgery. As we were about to take off for warmer climes (Mexico
- December), my orthopedist gave the injection with orders to report from
Mexico in three or four days.
 LO and behold  ,,,  better !   Was it relaxation, warm climate, psychomatic ?
 No relapse  - just occasional discomfort dressing, putting on coat,etc.

 I've had two other muscle/nerve injuries:
 whip lash -also due to boating incident - and carpel tunnel.
 Physioherapy and neck brace took care of the whiplash; but carpel required
the surgery. No recurrent evidence of either..

I, too, wonder what, if any, relation  these injuries have to PD.
 Mary Manfredi