We need to be careful about talking in absolute terms in regards to
starting Sinemet. My neuro explained the rationale behind delaying it,
but then told me that I was in my peak earning years and the Sinemet
would be the most effective at relieving symptoms. He then gave me the
option to start Sinement. Agonists  have not been very effective for me
while producing undesirable side effects even at low dosage. There is an
individual in my support group with early onset that has used primarily
Sinemet for over 14 years. You wouldn't know that he had PD if you saw
him on the street.

The point is that we are all different in the way that we react to the
meds. PD is idiopathic which means that we have common symptoms, but not
necessarily the same disease. Scientific studies are typically
inconclusive and the idiopathic nature of the disease may be part of the
reason.

So the best each of us can do is get the facts and then work with our
neuro to develop the best personalized treatment method.

Phil Gesotti 51/Dx46