-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of janet paterson
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 4:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Take help where ever it is offered....

sharing:

At 11:47 2001/04/19 -0500, "lynn" wrote to me, in part:
>...Take help where ever it is offered.....you can't get too much
>help...just will free up more
>time/energy  for you to work on projects that interest you...you've paid
>your dues....you
>are not malingering...I encourage you to speak up and state your
needs/preferences...
>what you need for your quality of life...you are God's child and He's
>reaching out to
>give you a hand...take it! ...

i've been mulling about "anna"
she's frightened of the unknown

she's in denial

she needs to fine tune the timing and the doseage of her meds
which takes education and will

denial will keep her separated from them

receiving her diagnosis needs to be grieved completely through 5 stages:
grief = shock, anger, bargaining, denial, acceptance

and ya know whut?

all "anna" needs is these same words you gave to me:

"take help wherever it is offered
you can't get too much help
just will free up more time/energy for you to work on projects that
interest you
you've paid your dues
you are not malingering
i encourage you to speak up and state your needs
what you need for your quality of life
you are God's child and He's reaching out to give you a hand
take it!"

and may i add:
everything that happens to us is a gift from god
something to learn from
life is not supposed to be easy
life is not supposed to turn out the way i plan it
this is not my plan or my script or my plan
i did not create myself
my creator has plans for me
we are never given challenges we are not capable of meeting

here is yours, "anna"

1. education= educate yourself about pd - become your own best advocate
2. titration= never adjust but one med at a time and do that slowly - over
weeks not days

i stuggle with cd and pd everyday
and still think that cd is the tougher battle

and after 13 years since diagnosis
i regret nothing

i have re-discovered who i am, what my priorities are
and one of them is the joy of meeting you and lynn

you have so many discoveries to make
you are on the brink of
not despair
but joy

you are not alone
you have never been alone
though your eyes may have been shut tight

take our hand
we walk with you
the darkness is gone

with much love

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
PD: 54/41/37 CD: 54/44/43 TEL: 613 256 8340 EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
"a new voice" home page: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/     .