Dear All,
I will try to be clear and concise.
I was in a study of falling--
as we know every PWP is different  so what I say is my
opinion only.

To begin with there are the fallers and the non fallers. The
fallers start early and fall and fall and fall.
The others fall now and then just like people without Parkinsons
As Parkinsons advances more non fallers  begin to have problems
with balance and posture and  join the ranks of the fallers

A parki fall is quite different from a regular fall--my experience--
it is faster and a surprise to the faller and there is usually no way
to break the fall and reduce the impact
-- in my younger days I used to fall all over the ski hills --

Now as to exercise.
There are several strong reasons to do
exercise or physio IF the teacher KNOWS about PD
- exercise can help against osteoporosis and thus fractures
-exercise can help with constipation
- going to exercise gives the care giver time off duty.
- at a good class you will learn how to get up from the floor
- how to pick the right chair and get out of it
- you will learn "nose over toes and up she goes"  --a very useful
phrase
- keeping active maintains muscle strength
- and you will feel better when you are fit.
Now that I have finished my rant about exercise I must put a tape in my
walkman
and  do something about supper.  The music helps to keep me moving--
and dancing is more fun
Anne Rutherford