Rick - I'm not a doctor, or even a nurse, but I believe when a person
learns he has a disabling disease such as yours, panic occurs
even as you recognize what it is.  My love suffered from anxiety attacks,
which really are not that much different from panic.  He is on Prozac
(which I hate), but if it helps him, I will learn to live with the side
effects.  I counsel him and tell him to take deep breaths and let it out
slowly. Well --- to be honest, sometimes it works and sometimes it
doesn't.   Hopefully, this will pass for you, or you will learn to
control them, or live with them.  It's heck isn't it?  Best wishes, Jo
Ann