To assorted friends and  CGs--- a quick note to bring you all up to date.
Most of you know that for several months Peter has been falling repeatedly,
and his dementia has increased.  At his request we visited two nearby
retirement communities which have excellent health care facilities, as our
own community's  is not  yet built.  He has long been concerned that his
care would be too much for me, and indeed his doctor and our family now
agree.
We have reserved a nice room for him at the nearest one (Westover, in
Hamilton, OH) which is a double room that they will let him have as a
private one.  It is about 12 miles from home, so I can visit daily and
daughter Chris, who teaches in Hamilton can stop in on her way home.  There
will be room for his own stuff, but when he falls there will be people to
pick him up, rather than having to call 911, which he hates to do.
We plan to make the move after his  83rd birthday (May 3), sometime in the
following week.  While neither of us looks forward to this separation after
58 years, I think it will be a little like being a "non-custodial parent",
who can relax and have fun and not have the day-to-day hassles.  This is
what CGs on the CARE list who have made such placements have said; also it
is his wish, which we realize is wise, as it is one of the few remaining
ways he can take care of me, which he has always done so well.
Thanks again for all the loving support and concern which you have given us
as we reached this decision.

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

          on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html
                   and also at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

          And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org

                              "In all beginnings, endings lie enfolded,
                                     implicit and invisible as roots."

                                         from: "Leaving the Garden"--CHF