Friends, family-- several of you wondered if Peter would remember in the
morning, was he serious or "just panicking".

I've really appreciated all the loving and helpful responses to our Sunday
situation, and can tell you that by afternoon he was feeling better---but
it still adamant that he time is "near" when he will want to move, as he's
convinced that would be best for me.   .
We took a spin in the wheelchair around the neighborhood yesterday, and he
enjoyed that.  I have told him that I want to be sure we can't make
adjustments to manage here before a NH move. This means his using the
wheelchair as well as the  call-for-help-pendant, when I am out of the
house, and no one else is here. He SAYS he will do that (if he remembers!)
We agreed to check with the 2 NHs that our retirement community has an
agreement with (till our own is built) to get current rates, etc.  He
insists on this, which is OK.
I do NOT feel guilty, as we have talked about this for several years and I
know I must respect his feelings and judgement.  I just want to be sure
we've given the alternatives a fair trial, and I think he understands that.
I will continue the "Thursday sabbaticals" with the Home CAre agency aide
here for 4 hours, and other times when our long-time private helper can
come .  I'm adjusting my "Handy Dandy Expectation Adjuster" (patent
pending)  to the  present situation.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, and good wishes. They mean a
great deal.

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

          on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html
                   and also at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

          And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org

                              "In all beginnings, endings lie enfolded,
                                     implicit and invisible as roots."

                                         from: "Leaving the Garden"--CHF