Two doctors (different occasions; neither knew of the other's advice)
explained to me that generic drugs are allowed to differ in dosage to some
degree from what is stated on the packaging more than what is allowed for the
original maker.  I suppose the FDA considers this a range of tolerance within
which the generic should be able to "perform as well as the standard."  My MD
says there are some drugs for which he would not prescribe the generic, but
he had no problem with prescribing the generic for Sinemet when I asked for
it (after bumming one from a kind soul at PAN's legislative conference last
year when I realized I had left my Sinemet in my room).

Rees Jenkins