Sandra,

Your comment -

Anxiety and restlessness can be exacerbated by use of dopamine agonists or
brought on by some tranquilizers such as Thorazine and Stelazine.  This is
because these tranquilizers interfere with the processing of dopamine in the
brain causing the parkinsonian symptoms to worsen.

I'm taking 3mg of Pergolide / day and my mobility has indeed become much
worse! I began taking Pergolide 2/99. The benefits were almost immediate and
I was doing much more for myself before I'd even finished the starter pack.
On July 2nd 99 I drove my car after a 3 year gap. Went to mass, did shopping
and took my dog for 2mile walks - all by myself. In August 99 my Neuro
directed me to increase to 3mg/day from 900mcg. I continued doing well and
even considered starting work again. In Dec. 99 i started having difficulty
with walking. This continued thru 2000 and recently has become much worse.
Also, 6-8 wks ago my legs began to swell - the left is clear but the right
one is still not good. Four GP's have been to see me: not one of them have
identified what the cause is, they put it down to in activity. If this is
so, why only one leg? Now the Neuro wants me to take Sinemet 62.5(12.5mg
Carbidopa & 50mg Levadopa), 3 x day, in order to make walking much easier.

However, I am not prepared to take Sinemet because of the potential
s/effects, some of which are irreversible, and the fact once on this there's
no easy way off and there's nothing left, i.e. no other meds. In fact I
would like to try reducing my Pergolide to 1.5mg /day. I was doing much
better around that amount. I've always been of the opinion that my dosage
was increased too soon to the maint level and thereby reducing the benefit
life-cycle.

Hope this is clear,
Best wishes ....................................... Marco De Michiel