I'm not sure if this will go on board or directly e-mail, but here goes.
I tried Permax with terrible physical side-effects.  They start you out very
gradually, and the very first, smallest dose possible gave me vomiting,
diarrhea (at the same time) and rhinitus that lasted for hours (I felt like
an elephant had stepped on my face.)  I called the doctor, tried again the
next night by taking the smallest dose but with food this time.  Took care
of the vomiting and diarrhea but the rhinitus was just as bad.  That was the
end of it; no more Permax.  That reaction ruled out a lot of the other
agonists as well, because they were similar enough to have caused side
effects.  Now I take Comtan with my Sinemet CR, but then I've also had
DBS/STN (after having PD now for 18 yrs.).  (I'm 48)

I've been following the panic attacks with interest because my 20 yr. old
daughter has them.  She's been in treatment for years and I never suspected
PD with her.  They say your own children only have a 5% chance of getting
it.  So far, I haven't even mentioned that possibility to her.  She has
enough stuff on her plate!!

Well, that's my story of Permax.  Short and not too sweet!
Carole