Phyllis,

Could you please let me know where I can get a copy of the 'Nutritional
Healing book' and what is Co-Q10.

I've never tried taking vitamins because I take Pergolide (Permax) and they
(vitamins) are contraindicated - maybe not all but quite a few. However,
I've always held the belief that the part of the brain which produces
dopamine, rather than prematurely ceasing to function and dying, is infact
starving to death because it is not being provided with the right 'food'.
Whatever this might be it's delivery has been blocked by something else, a
chemical agent which, whilst always present, starts to reach excessive
levels brought about by stress or some trauma. Every cell in the body needs
'food' and produces waste (toxins). Therefore, our dopamine 'factory' may
not only be starving it could also be being poisoned. Therefore, instead of
taking Levadopa to supplement the diminishing natural output (which I think
accelerates the final shutdown) of dopamine production, we should be sending
in the right 'food' (minerals, vitamins, etc.) initially in high doses to
counter the negative chemical and once stabalised keep the supply up at a
maintanance level.

Sounds like Co-Q10 may go someway in effecting this.

What do you (or any on PIEN) think about my hypothosis.

Kind regards,
Marco

PS. Virtually everything in existance has three basic functions: input,
process and output. Block the input and the process stops. Processes are
inter-related not stand alone. Stop one process and you impact a whole chain
of them. I believe PWP's have common causes/triggers and therefore, if this
data were collated and analysed we might identify the 'killer' chemical and
thereby deal with the cause rather than the symptoms, which we know the drug
co.'s benefit heavily from. Forgive my cynisism(sp) but there's no $dollars
in finding a cure. We and mother Nature hold the key.