Ivan,

       Congratulations on your positive ruling.  That ruling took a long
time, but it is what you wanted to hear.  I will keep my fingers crossed
during the re-evaluation.

       Also thank you for your gracious reference to me in your e-mail.  I am
glad to be part of your virtual family.

       From your participation on the list recently, you seem to be doing
very well.  I am glad that you did not pursue the nursing home placement.
You should be in your home, surrounded by your friends.  I have wondered how
much unnecessary pain you suffered until the hernia was discovered and I have
wondered whether it was pain from the undiscovered hernia which caused you to
seek refuge in the emergency room.  But that whole ordeal is over, and your
care hours have been restored.

       I am very happy for you.  This is a great victory for you and for all
of us in the handicapped/disabled community.  Katie