Dear Marco,

Even though I am newly diagnosed I am continuing to take vitamin
supplements. Common sense dictates I take the supplements between the times
I take my Parkinson medications. Currently I am on Mirapex (1 mg 3X) and
carbidopa/levodopa 25/100 (as little as possible) and have not encountered
any adverse reactions. I am using the vitamin supplements expoused by Dr.
Andrew Weil. You can see his website at www.drweil.com . Here is a snippet
of what he has to say about Co-Q-10.....
"Coenzyme Q also called Co-Q-10, is a natural substance, present in most
foods, that assists in oxidative metabolism. The supplement form is imported
from Japan. Coenzymes are compounds that interact with enzymes, helping them
perform their biochemical functions. (Many of the B-complex vitamins
function as coenzymes in metabolic reactions.) Since they are not large
protein molecules, coenzymes can survive digestion and pass into the system.
Coenzyme Q may improve the utilization of oxygen at the cellular level, and
patients with coronary insufficiency or diabetes may find it worth trying in
doses of 30-100 milligrams a day. Some healthy users report that it
increases aerobic endurance. More studies are needed to verify these
effects. Coenzyme Q is harmless but not cheap."
I hope this information helps you.

Best Regards,

Terry Bowers

www.TerryBowers.com