Co-Q10 is also recommended in "The Brain Wellness Plan", by Lombard &
Germano (Lombard is billed as a board certified neuro). He recommends 200 mg
daily taken with a meal and cites a 1995 Harvard study published in
Experimental Neurology in which "coenzyme Q10 protects against MPTP, the
neurotoxin that produces symptoms of PD and causes death of essential
dopamine-producing neurons".

I have been taking CoQ10 off and on for about 6 months, usually 100 mg
daily. I do not notice much of a change in my symptoms when I take it, but
am taking it on the possibility that it may be neuroprotective and may slow
the progression of the disease. It is, however, expensive!

Fran Peck
Tempe, AZ
Email: [log in to unmask]

Send a cool gift with your E-Card