Margery,

For myself and many others, PD is not an end, but a new challenge and beginning ......... Telling your family and letting them grow with you as you explore this new experience should be presented as a positive event .....

Perspective is all important in out little game with our  system ! I consider my self fortunate to have PD, after all, of all that is out there, it beats the heck out of cancer and a host of other maladies. Continuing on this thought, we are not limited  in our fight ..... some use  prescription meds, and others like myself are having good luck with the "nutritional" approach.

We all react differently, and I feel that that is part of the equation where we say that the  doctors "practice".  I guess I am not all that comfortable  with someone "practicing" on me so long as I have the knowledge to  cope with the situation and recognize when I am in over  my proverbial head. Whenever you feel that you are  loosing control or suffering a loss of mental clarity, it is time to back up and analyze what is going on (and that would include assistance from  your Dr.).

Please don't be afraid to print  things of interest and discuss them with your Dr. If the avenue of discussion is closed by a "canned " regimen, or if he or she  doesn't to want to talk about (and explain ) other meds or therapies that are out there ...... you may have a problem and need to  interview  a new neurologist!  A failure to discuss a question openly and explain  reasoning could indicate a failure to do his or her homework and keep abreast of things ........ just a thought.

Through my exploration, I have corresponded with those  who have, like myself,  had  their tremors disappear with  Co Q10 and others on whom it has had no effect at all. Here again, a discussion with you  Dr. might prove to be insightful.  I really don't care if a drug or therapy is proven effective "beyond any shadow of a doubt" so long as it helps me ! This is part of the "Do no harm" equation and I still feel that I would rather shake a bit than to be kicking up my heels  uncontrollably after a few years as a trade off.

All advice being worth what you have paid for it, the delete button still works well, but keep looking, and asking and you will find a pathway that is better for you and what better if the family can be with you for support as you venture along the way.

Best Regards! Rob