Another suggestion:

"Plainsong" by Nancy Huston.  This is a fictional biography in
which most of the main character's life takes place in Alberta.
Interesting in terms of how we would tell others' stories.  She won
the Governor General's award for fiction in French for this novel then
rewrote/translated it herself into English.  Well worth the time to
find it and read it, even if you don't get hold of it this week.

Rudy Wiebe's historical retelling of part of Alberta's history also
comes to mind--"A Discover of Strangers."

Both these stories play with time and point of view in unusual ways.

I like the idea of seeing how much fine work relates to a single
province--Wow!!  Thanks for the question, Marcy!!

I read the wonderful program for Inkshed in the newsletter a couple
of days ago and am writing this with a heavy heart that is struggling
not to break.  This is the first Inkshed conference I have missed
since Halifax in 1990.  I am madly scrambling to get dissertation
data ready for CSSE.  Hope to see some of you there later in the
month.

Have a great conference, everyone.  My spirit will be singing with
you.

Love,
Pat