Greetings all those heading off soon to the hinterlands of alberta for
the latest Inkshed conference.  I do SO wish i were joining you, but
this will be the first year in ages that i haven't been there (it's a
long story what i'll be doing instead).  Anyway, I have the following
piece of advice:  if Doug and Company have set up some horseback riding
for some R and R (like the whole conference won't be that, but anyway),
watch out for a horse called CircleButt--he's a mean one and will take
off without warning to try to get to the head of the line.  And if you,
like me, think that yelling "SHIT" at the top of your lungs to get him
to stop works--it doesn't.  Just hope you've got a real cowboy there to
rescue you (yes, i know that this is sexist).  And using a picnic table
to get on and off the horse is also a good idea, unless someone is there
with a camera to witness your ineptness.
Happy Trails everyone!  mary-louise